Wednesday, June 13, 2018

What is EduTECH?...


About This Blog!


The name of this blog is EduTECH (address bar: edutech4youth.blogspot.com). The name of this blog gives away what this blog will be about; education and technology. The primary purpose is to show my journey on how I want to implement coding into the elementary curriculum. Main reason why I am in school learning about computer science is to get an advanced degree in Early Childhood Education or Learning Design and Technology and use what I learn to design a program for young children (Kindergarten - 3rd Grade). This blog will be an individual blog. 

The way of teaching in the school setting is becoming outdated and things have to change. It is time to throw out the old and bring in the new to grab the attention of this new generation. As a substitute teacher now, I hear the students complaining how will they use this information they are forced to learn in the real world or how it is boring. So what if we start teaching them something they will need to know and use in whatever field they choose in the future. The world we live in today is moving to technology and most importantly the computer science jobs are growing. 

It is time to make learning exciting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment